Sunday, June 7, 2009

Celtic Love Knot

True love seeks no bounds. When you say ‘I Love You’ to your beloved, you try to put your entire life into those three words. For countless centuries, the form of expressions of love may have been different but in their inner essence remained the same. The Dutch sailors might have never imagined that their concept of love knot, made to remind them of their loved ones, would become a trend-setter for the future lovers.

A Celtic Love Knot represents two united lovers, with its two intertwining overhand knots. Celtic love knots have been in fashion from around five thousand years ago. Just as true love itself, the simplicity of the Celtic Love Knot is enigmatic, since this mystical symbol has no beginning and no end....an infinite loop that mirrors the ageless magick of eternal love.

This simplest form of love knot denotes eternity and continuity of life. Dating back to 2500 BCE, Celtic Spiral was made by the early generations of Celts in Europe, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. A triple-drop variation is a three-sided knot that embodies the three forces of nature - Earth, Fire and Water. One continuous line represents unity, strength, and fullness of spirit & being.





"This knot of love which hath no end
Sweetest of creatures to thee I send
To let you know my love is true
And that to none alive but you.

Therefore my humble mind is bent
Reward my love and give consent
To be my wife and live with me
As long as life shall granted be.

And I shall ever constant prove
To thee alone my only love
Then let us now unite our hearts
While life is spared we ne'er will part."

No comments:

Post a Comment