Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Pearl

I did not find her... it was she who found me. What unseen hand of Fate guided her to my doors I do not know... and I guess neither does she. Neither of us had the least idea then that we would be standing here today... hand in hand... our hearts beating in unison... and if I did have any such thoughts... she would have been quick to lie down and roll on the floor in laughter! She actually did so several times... while I squirmed in embarrassment.

And then... bit by bit... little by little... our relationship started to change. I saw within the armour of her cyberimage and came face to face with a remarkable person... a human and a woman of incomparable beauty and grace... with a formidable mind and a heart full to the brim with love and courage and compassion. I met a soul which thrilled mine with her magic touch... and I awoke to the realisation that miracles do happen... even if they are wrapped in binary code.

As the days went by, I came to her with my own demons and my own pains... and her compassion healed me and started to make me whole again. Her love was like the gentle rain on parched earth... filled with the promise of life renewed. She taught me and taunted me to reach within and without... till I learnt to do so anew. She tested me till I thought I would shatter in a million pieces... only to leave me strengthened in her esteem and in my own clarity of purpose. She caressed my broken body and fractured heart with her all too human touch... restoring me to humanity and Faith. I had found not the object of my love...but the woman of my adoration... and she was my all too familiar friend and lover and keeper of my conscience through countless past ages now lost in faded memory and forgotten mists of Time.

I do not know what the Fates have decreed for us. Frankly, neither do I care or want to know. The only certainity that matters is the bond that binds our souls... a bond that is formed in the flames of passion but tempered in the forge of reality... a bond that grows stronger and more magical with each passing day. What matters is the spontaneous smile that lightens our faces when our phones ring... or when our chat window blinks green. What matters is the quick glow of joy that surges within us as random thoughts of each other flit through our waking hours... and the deep peace that fills our nights and dreams. What matters is the tears that spring in our eyes at the other's pain... and the courage we feel with the now certain knowledge that we are no longer alone.

My Pearl chose me... as the Sword chooses its Warrior... and I am grateful and glad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment